At SmartView we thrive to provide integrations with other services.
Still sometimes you may want to export the data to use it with a different service or to present it in a different way.
In Smartview exporting to CSV is really easy.
One option to export is to use the Releases screen.
To do so, go to the menu Settings Releases.
On the releases screen you can see export buttons on the In Progress and Completed sections respectively. Each export will take all the stories under those sections (i.e. all the stories from releases in progress or all the stories from completed releases).
The exported file will have a timestamp as part of its name, for example
You can choose to export a single release if you wish to do so. Each release has a button to export all the stories for that release.
The file includes the following information on each column:
- Release: Name of the release the story belongs to
- Code: Story id
- Group: Name of the group the story belongs to
- Subgroup: Name of the subgroup the story belongs to
- Story: Text of the story
- CreatedAt: Date when the story was created
- StartedAt: Date when the story was moved to the Kanban board
- FinishedAt: Date when the story was moved to Done
- SMT: Story Mapping Time (how long the story spent in the User Story Map)
- LT: Lead Time (lenght of time since the story was added to the Backlog until it was done)
- CT: Cycle Time (lenght of time it took a story to move from a Ready phase to a Done)
- Labels: Labels of the story separated by comma
For each label one column will be generated with an 1 or 0 to indicate if the story has that label or not. This allows easy filtering or conditional coloring.
For example, let’s imagine the project we are exporting has four labels
Social Media. Then for a story with labels
Support the file will contain the following columns with values at the end:
- labels: Bug, Feature, Support, Social Media
- label-bug: 1
- label-feature: 0
- label-support: 1
- label-social-media: 0
Exporting the history
Similar to the releases option, you can export stories from the History into a CSV file.
To do so, go to the menu Settings Story Archive History.
On the history screen there is a button to export to CSV.
Pressing the button will export the stories based on the period you have selected.
For example if you choose Monthly and then select the month of June, when exporting you will get a file called
stories-archive-history-SmartView-Monthly-Jun 2015.csv with all the completed stories for that month.
The format is the same as in exporting releases.